MR. OLIO'S SALSA VERDE
This is a simple yet delicious Salsa Verde recipe. If you want to taste authentic, full-of-flavour salsa verde, we recommend chop up all the ingredients by hand.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 big handfuls of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 1 handful of fresh mint
- 1 small handful of capers
- 1 small handful of gherkins, in sweet vinegar
- 7 quality anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 10 tablespoons or a couple real big squeezes of Mr. Olio
STEP 1. Peel the garlic and pick the herb leaves, then finely chop on a large board with the capers, gherkins and anchovies.
STEP 2. Place in a bowl, add the mustard and vinegar, then slowly stir in the oil until you achieve the right consistency.
STEP 3. Balance the flavours with black pepper, a bit of sea salt and maybe a little more vinegar.
STEP 4. EAT!